OK, so the goal this year is to lose 36 pounds in 22 weeks. Starting January 1st with the deadline of 3/31/15. A pound and a half a week.
Starting weight: 225
Goal End weight: 189.
Why 189? Because it rhymes with fine. I learned from Jack Canfield that the best way to state an affirmation is to use it as a rhyme. So…”I’m feeling fine at my ideal weight of 189.”
Today is January 7th. I weighed in this morning at 220. Down 5 pounds in the first 7 days. Not a bad start but I need to keep it going. This is a marathon and not a sprint. Plus, I need to develop habits that I can use to get me to 189 and then also that I can use to keep me at 189!
Ultimately, I’m trying to lose fat and gain muscle. Not to become a muscle head or anything, just tone up. Have a you look good in that bathing suit, type of body.
Today we booked a trip to Puerto Rico. We leave 53 days from now. If I can keep pace with my 1.5 per week plan than I should be down to about 208. I haven’t seen the numbers on the scale below 210 in a long time.
So tomorrow we start a regular work out plan. 6 days of exercise, one day off. Not hours and hours in the gym. But just find 30 minutes a day to sweat, burn fat and build muscle. It looks like it’s going to be the morning where I find most of that time.
- 5:15 Wake up. Grab a glass of water from next to my bed and drink it. (this is assuming my 5-year old daughter doesn’t get to it first. Which she usually does)
- Go to the bathroom. I learned this technique from Michael Stelzner from Social Media Examiner.
- 5:20 Drink a 30 gram protein shake.
- Water and powder
- 5:25 Meditate.
- 5:35 5-minute journal
- 5:40 Read and complete an exercise from Lewis Howe’s “The School of Greatness” book
- 6:00 Exercise
- 25T. First time I’ll be doing this program. Very excited to get started.
- 6:30 Write until my daughter wakes up
OK. That is tomorrow’s schedule and I’m going to to stick to it!!! For once.
Yours in Wellness and Personal Growth,